Sunday, June 4, 2017

Online Presentations Reflection

I liked Padlet, and it would be great as a type of journaling assignment or a portfolio for students to create, but it's hard for me to envision how else I could use it in my classroom.

I would use, and I have used, Adobe Spark Video before. I've used it in my English 12 Remedial classes, and had students create PSAs on a topic of their choice. I really like that it is incredibly user friendly and gives options without being overwhelming. The image search that is built in is also really useful, especially since all of the pictures Adobe offers fall under Creative Commons licensing.

Creating the Adobe video was easy enough, however, I think something has changed since the last time that I used it. I could only record 10 seconds of audio at a time, and that was also the longest I could get a slide to run before moving to the next slide. The last time I used it, it allowed me 30 seconds of audio before switching to the next slide. This made me feel rushed, and I'm sure my presentation sounds rough too.

It's somewhat difficult to be able to do online presentations in my school at this current time because of lack of computers. It would be a lot easier to do this type of activity in a 1:1 based school. I think creating these types of presentations, however, is not overly time consuming and can be done while teaching students the 21st century skills they need to learn.

Overall, I liked this assignment, although I would like a little more flexibility in Adobe Spark Video.

No comments:

Post a Comment