Sunday, June 18, 2017

PSA Viewing Reflection

Role: Parent

Video 1: Telenor the Essay Commercial

I believe that the main idea was that even the "craziest" or far-fetched ideas are attainable, and not everyone will believe in you. As a parent, I was rather disappointed to see that her parents didn't believe in her dreams.

I think the audience is the basic market for cell-phones--the general public who want to be the people getting the newest version of a cell phone and it's capabilities, even if that made a person "different."

I think that the main focus of this video was about how people treated the little girl because she was ahead of her time. If we are supposed to want to buy that phone to be ahead of our time, the leap in logic would lead you to believe that "we should buy that phone even if people treat us like outsiders." I'm not sure watching a small child be bullied, taken to psychiatrists, and disbelieved by everyone around her was the most effective way to sell a cellphone.


Video 2:We Think

I believe the main idea of this video was that being online is best for everyone because it creates "Mass Innovation," which allows anyone and everyone to share their ideas and come up with the best ones.

I think that anyone who is wary of the Internet and how to use it/why to use it is the audience for this video.

I believe that the method of using mainly text for the audience to read was effective. I think that reading something makes people think about it more in-depth than watching a video or skit about that same topic would. I liked that it was a simple way to explain a simple concept about a very technical mode of communication and innovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment